Monday, January 16, 2012

Support The Local Artist

I am still learning the ins and outs of this blog thing and I can already tell that it's something I will enjoy.  It will give me an outlet for our business as well as share my hopes and dreams.  Today I am hoping for all artisans and creators of things to be supportive of one another.  There is plenty room for everyone to exist in the world of art and each and every person has something new and exciting to offer.  It's important for me to encourage others to create and to use their natural abilities to make something special.  I started this journey with one simple thought...."Hey..I can do that", and it has all been worth it.  Certainly there will always be people out there that feel like there is always a competition involved, but those are the ones who feel as though their creative ideas may soon cease to exist.  I'm not one of those people, and as someone who loves to shop locally (when I can shop) I have found that all in all, true artists support one another and work together to make sure we are not a dying breed, and that although it may be easy to shop at huge chain stores, handmade items have a certain amount of passion and love that goes into each and every piece. 

No comments:

Post a Comment